Ohio Liability Insurance
As a small or large business owner, you deal with customers every day and put your business at the opportunity of risk of having a claim or lawsuit brought against you. It could be a customer who is injured on your premises or as a result of your product.
Your customers put their trust in you and your business. A claim can result in medical payments, hospital fees and also legal fees. As a business owner have you fully protected your business from the impact of a claim or lawsuit by one of your customers?
General liability Insurance has a variety of coverage options that make up a policy. This is where working with L. Calvin Jones & Co. can properly and precisely customize a liability policy for your business’s unique risks. Working with us and purchasing a customized General Liability insurance not only allows you to stay in business, but to thrive over the years.
A liability insurance policy covers the costs of legal fees, including court costs and the resulting award, if any is made. Imagine the peace of mind you gain by not having to worry about the attorney costs as the liability case grinds on.
Worried about the cost? Don’t be. Liability insurance is customized for your business so you only pay to protect against the risks you face day-to-day in your business.
In today’s litigious world, your business is in constant risk of a lawsuit. Even if the claim is unwarranted, the stress and the cost of the legal process can be enough to ruin some businesses.
Liability insurance is appropriate for any business to protect it from lawsuits. There are four distinct types that you may need:
- Personal Liability – a personal liability policy protects yourself or your family from certain lawsuits when you’re been found negligent
- Business Liability – business liability insurance protects your business from third party claims when the business is negligent.
- Products and Completed Operations Liability
- Professional Liability – Protects professional advice and service-providing individuals and businesses (financial professionals, architects, engineers, etc.) from third party claims.
- Public Liability – Protection which pays sums that you are legally obligated to pay, or that the insurer has agreed to pay, as damages to others as a result of your negligence. (I.e. bodily injury to another or damage to the property of another.)
There are also miscellaneous General Liability policies that are designed for certain types of business
- Owners and Contractors Protective Liability – stand alone liability policy for the insured for negligent acts of contractor and subcontractors hired by the insured. It may also cover for the owner’s negligent supervision. (i.e. General Contractor would purchase this policy for an Owner of a project)
- Railroad Protective Liability – liability coverage for railroad owners and property owners that protects them from the vicarious acts of contractors or subcontractors who are working on their behalf.
- Liquor Liability – provides liability for an owner of an establishment, which serves alcoholic beverages, is liable for injury or damage caused by an intoxicated person if it can be established that the liquor license caused or contributed to the intoxication of the person.
- Umbrella Liability – liability policy that protects policyholders for claims in excess of the limits of their primary business automobile, general liability, and workers compensation policies. The policy may also provide coverage for some sources of loss that are not covered by the primary policies.
The longer you wait, the longer you have exposure, and the greater risk you have that the terms of the insurance may change.