3744 Starrs Centre Drive • Canfield, OH 44406 • 330-533-1195

Ohio Farm Insurance and Agribusiness

Is your farm properly insured? Are you covered for all of the following that applies to your farm?

  • Farm Vehicles – including trucks, utility vehicles, trailers, and autos
  • Farm Property – including farm house, barns, stables, pens, grain bins, sheds, and other farm structures
  • Farm Equipment – including tractors, combines, sprayers, ATV’s, etc.
  • Scheduled Farm Personal Property – including grain, livestock feed, hay, straw, seeds and beans, piles in the open, etc.
  • Livestock & Poultry – including collision resulting in death of livestock
  • Farm Liability
  • Crop Insurance – including coverage for natural disasters or the loss of revenue due to declines in the prices of agricultural commodities
  • Equipment Breakdown Coverage – protects against loss or damage that results from mechanical breakdown, electrical failure, or other covered events as specified in the policy form. Depending on the options that you select this coverage can include the following:
  • Direct physical loss of covered property because of equipment breakdown
  • Spoilage damage or contamination of covered property that results from an equipment breakdown at your farming location
  • Spoilage damage that results from the interruption of utility services to your location because of equipment breakdown
  • Loss of farming operations income and/or extra expense because of an equipment breakdown of covered property
  • Farm Pollution Liability – including protection against animal waste and other pollution risks, such as fuel or chemical spills and dust when a pollution incident originates from an insured location
  • Flood Insurance – protects against loss due to water damage arising from flooding, surface water, tides, tidal waves, and the overflow of any body of water as defined

Are you protected from a financial loss? How about being covered for loss of earnings while a part of your business is being restored due to a covered cause of loss? If you are operating your farm with computerized equipment, have you thought to insure it? This includes soil, weather, and crop sensors.


Are you covered for something that you may only do seasonally to earn some extra income; such as hayrides? If someone is hurt at one of those events, a standard farm insurance policy may not cover the incident. Have you altered your operations and not contacted your agent? You could be the target of a lawsuit that you are left unprotected to defend. That is what the experts at L. Calvin Jones & Co. call a “protection gap.” Farm operations possess the potential for many of these gaps.

If you are uncertain about what your policy covers, are concerned about increasing weather risks to your crop, and/or if you have altered your farm processes, contact the experts at L. Calvin Jones & Co. We are here to provide you with the proper protection for your Agribusiness; whether you are running a large-scale operation or carrying on the tradition of a small family farm.

In this unpredictable world, L. Calvin Jones will be your constant.