Ohio Motorsports & Auto Racing Inurance
Our Motorsports package is designed to cover special insurance needs for motorsports race cars and race teams. Available coverages include but are not limited to, General Liability, Property, Inland Marine, Auto, and Umbrella Liability. Are you protected so that one claim could not financially hurt you or your business? If you are not fully protected when that claim occurs, your reputation is at stake. At L. Calvin Jones & Co., we want to make sure that you are fully protected and have a successful, safe race season.
- Comprehensive General Liability – limits to $1M each occurrence/$3M aggregate
- Race cars and equipment insured under Inland Marine while off-track
- Umbrella/Excess Liability from $1M and up
Many of our current clients thought that they had coverage for their race cars, tool, and equipment either with their home or business policy, depending upon where the vehicle is stored and maintained. Unfortunately, those items would be excluded under either type of policy. These items require a separate Motorsports policy in order to be covered in the event of a loss.
Below are a couple of claim scenarios that have been covered through the Motorsports policy:
- $1,000,000+ inexperienced racer tried moving a car from the garage to the track. The driver struck a group of children near the garage paralyzing a 12-year-old playing in the area.
- $639,000 RV used to transport a race car was burned in a fire, believed to be electrical in nature, resulting in the total loss of the RV.
- $96,000 Auto claim for motorsports team when an insured driver ran a red light and struck another vehicle.
- $55,000 Fire damage to an RV used to transport the race team; this claim appears to be arson, but no persons were found who caused the fire.
Many of the insurance companies we represent offer special programs and enhancement forms for commercial insurance and motorsports customers that can give you the additional coverage you may need. All of the insurance companies are Best Rated companies and we can provide you with a copy of their ratings. We conduct annual reviews because we feel they are best suited for us to make recommendations and to ensure there are no gaps in your coverage, as your needs may change. Although the annual review is a great time to ask questions, we recognize that you may have questions or concerns some time later. Therefore, we are always available to answer any additional questions.
At L. Calvin Jones & Co., our insurance professionals not only point out the basics, but take the time to uncover possible hidden exposures; we want to be sure your Motorsports policy is what you need it to be to win the checkered flag.
If you would like to investigate our services further, please contact Brian Battaglia at 330-533-1195.