Wholesalers Business Insurance
You head into your warehouse on a Monday morning to find that a pipe burst, and the area is covered with water. A whole section of your inventory is ruined, and you have hundreds of orders that will be filled weeks late, as a result. How will you recover from these losses? Do you have an insurance program that will cover this?
As a wholesaler, your business faces many unique risks. Through managing inventories, equipment, and facilities, you are exposed to unforeseen risks. A fire, flood, or a damaging storm can harm your products and warehouse, potentially putting you out of business.
Risks in the wholesaler industry go beyond the warehouse, as there are risks in every part of your supply chain. From late supplier shipments to unpaid deliveries that you have made, these all impact your bills and payroll.
- Calvin Jones provides Wholesaler Business Insurance protects you against losses like these. Most wholesalers and distribution companies have a Business Owner’s Policy that includes:
- General Liability- protects wholesalers and distributors from certain lawsuits alleging injuries or property damage that occurred as the result of business operations.
- Commercial Property- protects your warehouse or distribution center and the things used to conduct business, such as dollies, whether owned or leased.
- Business Income- covers the loss of income from when you can’t run your wholesale or distribution business due to covered property damage.
Since wholesale and distribution businesses often store information about their employees, customers, vendors, and suppliers, it is important to make sure your business is covered in the case of a data breach. Social security and credit card numbers are often stolen in a breach, which can ruin your company’s strong reputation.
Cyber Liability Insurance has become a necessity of the modern business world. With the increased use of e-commerce, web-based file storage, laptops, and smart phones, cybercrime risk is growing quickly. In 2016, more than 4.2 billion confidential records were exposed in confirmed security breaches.
- Calvin Jones provides Cyber Liability Insurance that helps pay the costs of notifying impacted individuals, managing public relations, and more if personally identifiable information data is lost or stolen from your business.
In our litigious world, L. Calvin Jones & Co. always suggests that our clients be mindful of Employment Practices Liability and the need for excess liability in the form of an umbrella. Multi-million-dollar awards are becoming commonplace in the warehouse and distribution center industry due to the number of claims and lawsuits involving issues such as termination, discrimination, retaliation, or harassment.
Many of the insurance companies we represent offer special programs and enhancement forms for wholesaler customers that can give you the additional coverage you may need. All of the insurance companies are Best Rated companies and we can provide you with a copy of their ratings. We conduct annual reviews because we feel they are best suited for us to make recommendations and to ensure there are no gaps in your coverage, as your needs may change. Although the annual review is a great time to ask questions, we recognize that you may have questions or concerns some time later. Therefore, we are always available to answer any additional questions.
Worried about costs? Don’t be. We offer Wholesaler Business Insurance with some of the most affordable protection available with flexible billing options